Hours: 39 per week. Hours will include evening and weekend work as required.
Salary: Dependent on experience
Reports to: Technical Manager.
Closing Date for Applications: March 1
Responsible for: The smooth set-up, running and get-out of shows and events. Assist the Production Manager and Technical Manager in the preventative maintenance of all electrical & mechanical equipment within The Alban Arena.
* To assist the Production Manager and Technical Manager in the presentation of shows, films, exhibitions, social functions, private hires and conferences.
* To assist in the liaising with the manager or representative of incoming events, via either contract riders or direct discussion, to assess technical requirements, set up times, staffing levels and any other requirements
* Design and operate show lighting, sound, special effects and pyrotechnic effects.
* Assist in the design, installation and replacement of equipment within The Alban Arena to a high standard.
* To help ensure that The Alban Arena operates within the Licensing, Fire and Health & Safety Regulations. To help keep and update Health & Safety and COSHH information.
* To oversee all check sheets and report problems when necessary.
* To contribute towards work to be carried out within the venue.
* To assist with maintenance and PAT testing within the building.
* To attend training courses as required to help with personal development.
* To carry out any other reasonable requests from the Production Manager or Technical Manager.
The ideal candidate will be able to demonstrate that they have the necessary administrative and technical skills; experience and competence to immediately add value to the work of The Alban Arena, its Team and Customers and to ensure the timely delivery of delegated tasks under general supervision only.
The appointee will:
* Possess very well developed interpersonal and communication skills.
* Be results oriented and team and client focused.
* Be able to provide examples of having worked on their own initiative and in teams in the past.
* Be capable of exercising a high degree of delegated responsibility.
* Have good organizational and technical skills relevant to the role with the ability to problem solve, pay attention to detail and deliver work to a high standard and to tight deadlines.
* To undertake any other reasonable duties, commensurate with the level of the post so as to ensure the smooth running of the Alban Arena.
Essential Attainments and Experience
* Knowledge and practical experience of all relevant Health and Safety regulations
* Excellent team worker with good skills and experience
* Excellent time management skills, with the ability to work under pressure and to deadlines
* Experience of working with a variety of touring companies and corporate clients
* Computer literate and competent in use of word and excel
For an application form CLICK HERE and send it to Crispian Robinson, Technical Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org